Sunday, April 15, 2012

Extended Vacation

We spent Easter weekend and the following week in Florida with the Pantz families.  We get to see them almost never, so it was pretty exciting.  And the weather didn't suck.  At all.  My freckles are now out in full effect.  There were palm trees.  Also, water slides and roller coasters.  In case anyone was wondering, you can still totally get excited about these kinds of things after you turn 18 (or 35).  You just have to take more breaks in between rides to avoid losing the ice cream cone you scarfed down immediately before boarding the 3 1/2 minute, 4 G roller coaster.  Best coaster ever.  We rode it 3 times.
http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-tampa/Attractions/Rides/Cheetah-Hunt
Friday was our last day of vacation in Florida.  Yes, Friday the 13th. Ooooo.  It turns out, it was also my last day of employment at my current job.  My boss called to say we're closing, and to come in Monday to get my paperwork and personal effects.  It wasn't totally unexpected, and it's not my first time experiencing that sort of thing.  Friday afternoon meetings called after a board meeting are never a good sign, from what I can tell.  So, I'm on an extended vacation of indeterminate length wherein I will be spending a good amount of time on the internet job searching.  I'm doing my best to stay zen about this whole thing, and so far, so good (2 days in).  I'm sad to lose such a great group of co-workers, but change is inevitable.
I'm looking forward to learning some new things, maybe getting some house projects done, seeing some more friends & family, walking the dogs, enjoying the lovely spring weather, and doing some yoga.  I feel really fortunate to have so many awesome, supportive people around me who help me stay positive and help keep me grounded.  Additionally, I'm fully stocked in yoga groupons for 2 months, and my beach pass is good until June.  Can you say serendipity?

No comments:

Post a Comment