Thursday, November 1, 2012

UK Update in Blog Form

Yum writes that this is national blog month. Or something. I suppose it's as good a reason as any to check in. That and I've been gone for a full month now. The first few weeks dragged a bit, despite the idea of adventure in a new place. 7 weeks just seemed so loooooong. And it is. But now that I have just over 2 left, it feels very manageable. I've made a few friends so that helps. But it's not really the same as being around my close friends and family.
This is definitely challenging my assumptions about myself. I had thought of myself as a pretty independent person, but it seems I need my people around me more than I realized.
Some thoughts on England:
-Robots are cool. I am learning how to run them, and I'm pretty sure seeing them move when I tell them to will never get old.
-Cambridge MA and Cambridge UK are almost the same town. Except for the part where all the people I love are in the wrong one.
-It doesn't rain all the time here. It's not even cloudy all the time, either. But it does rain nearly every day at some point. I bring my umbrella every day. Also, the fact that I mentioned the weather means I've been here too long. Brits love to talk about the weather. Really.
-Today's discovery: the Brits rule at the fake quiz show. The comedians they employ for these endeavours crack me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment