Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just saying it doesn't make it true

Dear Ticketmaster (aka Ticketbastard, aka Live Nation--you're all the same evil company now)-

Charging me $12.35 MORE for a ticket with a face value of $36 and calling it a "convenience fee" does not make it true. In fact, from my point of view, this is the opposite of convenient. I'll take my chances at the box office. I hate you and everything you stand for. I await your downfall with the same level of anticipation as Dick Cheney's next heart attack. (Oh please, let this one take!)

Until Then...
J

3 comments:

  1. Well, it is a very convenient way for them to get more money from you...
    So, for them it's an aptly named fee. Just not for the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good LORD. I have to agree with both you and Les. Not convenient for you; certainly convenient for them. Perhaps the fee IS aptly named, after all...it just doesn't refer to you.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't be convenient for THEM either when people just stop going to shows altogether because we just can't stand feeling like we're being hosed. Ticket sales are already in the crapper. Ticketmaster/Live Nation is going doooooooown.

    ReplyDelete