Thursday, March 5, 2009

March Doldrums

I lot of people have been complaining about being over winter.  I'm TOTALLY in that camp.  Aside from being completely overwhelmed with work stuff over the last couple of weeks, I'm just feeling so BLAH.  I want to feel happy & be psyched for the 3+ hours of daylight that remain when I get home from work.  Daylight & warmth--things that make me want to take the dog on a long walk, instead of just letting him out the side door.  Poor Miles.  I want to be sitting in a lawn chair watching Andrew play baseball.  I just want to see daylight.  Is that so much to ask?
So, looking for a SOME kind of change, ANY kind of change, I joined a gym.  That's right, a gym.  That might not mean much to some people, but for me, it's pretty monumental.  Being genetically on the small side, I don't need to exercise for weight loss.  (This is not a complaint).  But that also means I end up leading a very sedentary existance.  It just doesn't feel good, you know?  I haven't had a regular exercise schedule for as long as I've lived here (7 years?)  But I figured, what the hell?  At least it's something to do.  And they have a sauna.  Mmmmmmm, warmth.

3 comments:

  1. ooh, sauna.... I was thinking about having a party with some sort of warm or tropical theme, perhaps with a beach movie of some sort in the background just to get people happy--and myself!

    Have fun at the gym. Remember, not everyone sprays the equipment after they use it, so do that before you get on anything.... Gross, I know, but necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yogaaaaaaaaaa. YOOOOOOOOOggaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete